Helping you plan a legacy gift for lasting impact of the church’s ministry and mission.
What is the Resurrection Foundation?
The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection Foundation, a Kansas nonprofit corporation, was established in 2002 to identify and develop opportunities for planned giving. Our purpose is to endow and support the lasting impact of the church’s ministry and mission by encouraging members to remember Church of the Resurrection in their planned giving.
A Message from our Senior Pastor, Adam Hamilton:
Leave a Legacy
As a member of the church, you have committed to a journey of knowing, loving and serving God as you grow in your faith. A gift to the Resurrection Foundation is one way of furthering your lifetime commitment and stewardship by remembering the Foundation in your will or trust or as a designated beneficiary of another asset. A legacy gift is a way to provide support to the church’s mission and ministries in the future.
Secure the Future
How to get started today making your future impact:
- Grants for Local and Global Mission Initiatives particularly focused on meeting the needs of children and families living in poverty and giving them a future with hope
- Grants for Catalytic Mission and Ministry, including new campus starts
- Support of Specific Campus Initiatives and Needs, including evangelism, outreach, and ministry
- Seminary Scholarships and Grants helping equip leaders for the future of the church
- Endowments for New Ministries and Building and Maintenance Needs
Resurrection Foundation Legacy Society
The Foundation recognizes those who have chosen to include the church in their estate or planned giving with membership in the Resurrection Foundation Legacy Society. As an RFLS member, you join others who become ambassadors to the importance of leaving a legacy and making a difference in the lives of others and the life of the church through your generosity for generations to come.
Meet the Foundation Team
Associate Lay Director
- Anne Blessing (Chair)
- Heather Counts
- Debbie Dellinger
- Stephen Harmon
- Stephanie Hubers
- Michele Janson
- Bob Kirkland
- Rob Oltjen
- William Prugh
- Dave Rock
- Glenetta Schierding
- Heather Smith
- Ray Smith
- Wiliam Taylor
- Bill Whitaker
- Bill Ellwood (Blue Springs)
- Lewis Gregory (Past Chair)
- Gary Robben (Leawood)
- Joe Sims (Leawood)
- Martha Carpenter Smith (Leawood)
2021 Quarterly Resurrection Foundation Board Meetings
The Foundation Board cultivates the importance of legacy giving; promotes planned gifts; receives, invests, and administers in a fiduciary capacity Foundation bequests and legacy gifts that support the ministry of Church of the Resurrection.
Date(s): February 4, May 6, August 5, November 4.
Location: Online via Zoom
Time: 4:30 – 6:00 pm